In 2019, California was home to 15 of the 30 places in the United States with the worst air pollution and Southern California was home to 4 of those. Air pollution affects everyone, but specific populations are more affected than others.
Why does improving the air quality matter?
- Poor air quality is responsible for an estimated 60,000 premature deaths each year in the United States
- Costs from air pollution illness are estimated at $150 billion a year
- Short-term health side effects and long-term respiratory and cardiovascular problems
How can you make a difference?
- You can make a change by helping to move away from a dependence on nonrenewable sources. We can do that by moving away from the use of gas-powered vehicles
- Gas-powered vehicles releaser about 1.7 billion tons of greenhouse gases into the atmosphere each year, contributing to global climate change.
- You can make a difference and help be a part of the solution to climate change by lowering your carbon footprint. One way you can do this is by switching to an electric vehicle
Virtual Ride & Drive Event
Mar 11, 2021 05:40 PM Pacific Time (US and Canada)
If you viewed the video and are interested in participating in out monthly raffle, please conduct the survey below.
California Electric Vehicle Rebates
Federal Tax Credit
The federal government provides a substantial tax credit for new electric or plug-in hybrid vehicles, ranging from $2,500 – $7,500. All Battery-Electrics are eligible for the full $7,500, whereas some plug-in hybrids with smaller batteries receive a reduced amount.
Clean Vehicle Rebate Project (CVRP)
Rebates of up to $4,500 for the purchase or lease of new, eligible zero-emission vehicles. Eligible applicants must meet requirements that include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Be an individual or business based in California.
- Meet income eligibility requirements.
- Submit application prior to exhaustion of available rebate funds and within 18 months of the vehicle purchase or lease date.
To apply for a CRVP rebate or for additional program information and FAQ’s, you can visit the following:
- Website : www.CleanVehicleRebate.org
- Call: 866-984-2532 or 866-550-8130 (Spanish)
- Email: email@example.com
Clean Vehicle Assistance Program
Affordable financing to help low-income Californians purchase a new or used hybrid or electric vehicle. You can get a $2,500 grant for a hybrid vehicle or a $5,000 grant for a plug-in hybrid or electric vehicle. Battery-Electrics can also include a charging unit and its home installation. If you qualify for a grant and purchase a new or used hybrid or electric vehicle, the grant will be given to the dealer to lower the overall cost of the vehicle. How can you get a clean vehicle grant and fair financing?
- Visit: cleanvehiclegrants.org
- Call: 1-599-271-1957
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
As part of their national educational campaign, Electrify America aims to build electric vehicle awareness and consideration in the United States and demonstrate the potential of zero-emission vehicles (ZEV) adoption in metropolitan areas.